In seeing World Wide Web Hosting through two separate acquisitions, I have played a vital role in guiding the company to quadruple its annual revenue and achieve efficiencies and growth across all functions.
Sep 2007 – Present
Chief Operating Officer
World Wide Web Hosting, LLC (Site5.com)
- Concierge to all departments to ensure the various teams across the company are functioning cohesively
- Develop key metrics, statistics, and other business analytics in order to provide a solid foundation for the business decision-making process
- Cultivate and maintain strong vendor and partner relationships for both existing relationships and business development opportunities
- Cultivate and maintain strong high value client relationships
- Manage the Customer Service, Support, Billing, and passive Sales operations from a high level strategic perspective
- Manage the Operations department and the various projects and tasks within
- Manage all aspects of Human Resources and liaise with third-party HR partners
- Manage the legal affairs of the company
- Manage the financial reporting of the company and liaise with external financial relationships such as bookkeeping and accounting
- Keep apprised and current with industry trends and changes in order to routinely assess company focus and projects
Sep 2004 – Dec 2006
Community & Documentation Manager
- Manage all aspects of community forum
- Liaise between Management & Customers
- Post announcements and outage reports to the community forum as necessary
- Manage Knowledge Base containing FAQs, tutorials, and tips
- Manage Resources site containing various links to webmaster resources
- Manage IRC Chat Room and associated bot scripts
- Provide technical support for the above-listed properties to coworkers and clients
Jan 2002 – Sep 2007
Director of Information Technology
Director’s Choice, LLP
- Maintenance of LAN and WAN operability in a multi-platform environment using Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches; HP switches, and 3Com switches
- Administration of 3Com NBX 100 VoIP telephone system
- Deployment of internal Jabber server for employee inner-office communication
- Co-administration/Co-development of FileMaker Pro database solution
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange collaboration software
- Administration of iPrism Internet content filter
- Design/Maintenance of corporate websites
- Developed and deployed web interface to appropriate data for client utilization
- Systems training and support to coworkers
Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University
CEO @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
Tom has been instrumental in the day to day success and operation of Site5! As the COO he has made sure that everything is running correctly at the company and he never lets anything slip by or go unnoticed. His attention to detail is superhuman!
President @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
Tom has ably handled responsibilities and problems relating to every aspect of the web hosting industry. He has a rare ability to see problems from technical, strategic, and interpersonal perspectives. Despite that broad vision, he still manages to keeps track of all the little details.
Former CEO @ Site5.com
Hiring Tom was one of the best decisions I ever made at Site5, plain and simple. Prior to selling the company, I worked closely with Tom on a daily basis. He was not only Site5’s COO, but he was my right hand man. He is organized and efficient, extremely hard working, and was always willing to tackle anything we presented him with. His skillset is diverse and always expanding. He is a true professional, and a great asset to his company.
CTO @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
The impact Tom has made as COO at Site5 is immeasurable. He knows the web hosting industry inside and out and that wealth of knowledge and experience is a huge asset to Site5. I cannot imagine what Site5 would be like without him.
Chief Software Developer @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
From the beginning I was thoroughly impressed with his attention to detail. He is quick to understand a problem even if he’s not familiar with the underlying technology. This is a rare trait that makes him a huge asset to our company.
VP of R&D @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
He’s the perfect amount of involved and uninvolved all at once, exactly in the right place at the right time just a fraction of a second before you even realize you needed him for something!
VP of Systems @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
Tom easily does the work of a handful of employees, and maintains an excellent, fun, but assertive attitude while doing so. You can always rely on Tom to ensure a plethora of tasks are organized and completed, even with the tightest of time frames.
Former VP of Customer Service @ World Wide Web Hosting, LLC
Great leader. Amazing mentor. Incredibly detail oriented and focused. Patient and understanding. He is capable of mentoring anyone that comes his way. Whether it be from a first day customer service agent, to a Vice President needing advice. His biggest quality is that he will always be there for you, whether it be professionally or on a personal level.