This is a VERY difficult list to create since every Pearl Jam song is amazing in its own right.. but I’ll give it a go!
- Brother from Ten (Redux)
- Satan’s Ben from Vitaliogy
- Animal from Vs
- Come Back from Pearl Jam
- Off He Goes from No Code
- Yellow Ledbetter from Lost Dogs
- Alive from Ten
- Better Man from Vitalogy
- Daughter from Vs.
- Even Flow from Ten
Interestingly enough, not all albums are represented in the above list. This was very difficult to compile.. there were a lot more songs I wanted to add!
For quite a while now, I’ve been trying to figure out what I wanted to blog about on here since I post the family-types of things over at tomandmonica.com. So I came up with an idea to post ‘top ten’ lists.. about anything. Fun, right? Well, hey.. I think so.
For my inaugural list, I’ve decided to start out with my top ten American Idol contestants.
- Brooke White. Best when at the piano. I love the Carly Simon vibe.
- George Huff. Good ol George. His happy, genuine performances were enjoyable. I’d love to see him release a cover album of Motown standards.
- Jason Castro. Unique style. His recordings of Jeff Buckley’s ‘Hallelujah’ and Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s ‘Over the Rainbow’ are awesome.
- Allison Iraheta. Such a great voice at such a young age. I’m anxious to hear what her album sounds like.
- Kris Allen. The newest idol. What I liked about him was that he never swayed from his style. He never overdid his performances.
- Blake Lewis. Idol’s original risk taker. His rendition of Bon Jovi’s ‘Living on a Prayer’ was amazing.
- David Cook. He has that ‘it’ factor. Great voice, great presence. Very likable and humble.
- Carrie Underwood. Outstanding country singer with a somewhat cross-over feel to her. I have a feeling she’s going to be in the business for quite a while.
- Kelly Clarkson. The original. No list of this nature would be complete without her. It was really a toss-up between Kelly & Carrie, but Kelly won out since she was the first.
- Chris Daughtry. Best rocker to appear on the show. Monica and I saw him in Lubbock.. puts on a great show. His debut CD is one of the few CDs I can actually listen through in its entirety without skipping a track.